This module is for Grade: 10 Welcome
Learning to read literary fiction closely will help you have more assurance and confidence in your English Language Arts (ELA) classes. In this module you will be reading a short story by Kate Chopin titled “The Story of an Hour.” You will review the elements of a narrative and the point of view of the narrator. Understanding the plot, characters, and setting will help you create the final product of the module, a narrative written from a different point of view.
By the end of this module, you will be able to:
- Review the elements of a narrative.
- Review different points of view.
- Write a new narrative while utilizing the elements of an existing narrative.
- Utilize a different point of view when writing a new version of an existing narrative.
- Read and comprehend literary fiction.
- Identify the point of view of a narrator in a story.
- Write a narrative utilizing the elements of an existing story using a different point of view.