This module is for Grade: 10 Welcome
In this module you will learn essential skills needed to research a topic. You will learn how to evaluate a source and use the information to help you synthesize the information. You will do this in the context of examining background information for the novel Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe. The text is a complex one, and the goal is that the research will help to illuminate some of the complex ideas of the novel. Specifically, you will be learning about the kola nut. The kola nut has deep cultural significance to the Igbo tribe featured in the novel. Understanding the rituals and beliefs associated with the kola nut will help as you later read and analyze the novel.
Once you have evaluated the assigned websites and researched the topic, you will use what you learn in your research task to create a multimedia presentation.
By the end of this module, you will be able to:
- Evaluate websites for their credibility.
- Conduct short, focused research.
- Synthesize information from multiple sources to answer a specific question.
- Research information through credible sources.
- Synthesize information to share the research findings.
- Evaluate web sources for their reliability.