This module is for Grade: 10 Welcome
In this module you will take a closer look at the Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC) Literary Analysis Task. Understanding how to analyze different kinds of writing is an important skill needed in all subjects, not just English Language Arts.
By the end of this module, you will be able to:
- Identify and utilize the steps of analysis of literary works.
- Plan an analysis essay comparing two literary works.
- Break down a prompt to create a claim.
- Support your claim with textual evidence.
- Comprehend complex texts through close reading.
- Plan a coherent analysis comparing two complex texts.
PARCC is full of acronyms and abbreviations. For instance, PARCC is an acronym. PBA is an abbreviation used by PARCC, and it stands for Performance-Based Assessment. Other acronyms and abbreviations you may encounter include Prose Constructed Response (PCR), Evidence-Based Selected Response (EBSR), and Technology-Enhanced Constructed Response (TECR). Becoming familiar with these terms will be helpful when you take the PARCC assessments in school.